Doing research is only half the experience - communicating your results to others is a key element in scholarly research. As a UF undergraduate researcher, you have several opportunities to present your research.
1. UF has a monthly Undergraduate Research Seminar that is:
• Organized by students for students
• Open to all University of Florida undergraduates participating in research
• A series of 20-minute talks with 5 minutes of questions
• A chance to practice presentation of research results to peers and faculty
• A chance to practice conference/seminar organizational skills for student leaders
To find out more go to: http://cur.aa.ufl.edu/undergraduate-research-seminar.aspx
2. The Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium, sponsored by the CUR Board of Students - Friday, Oct. 28, 2016, Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. Check here for more details soon!
3. UF students also have the opportunity to present a poster at the statewide Florida Undergraduate Research Conference, that will be held Feb. 24-25, 2017 at The University of Tampa.
4. Each year, UF hosts the Undergraduate Research Symposium. All undergraduate researchers in all departments are encouraged to present a poster or artistic performance at this event. For more information go to http://www.scholars.ufl.edu/undergraduate-research-symposium.aspx. The upcoming symposium is scheduled March 23, 2017: UF Undergraduate Research Symposium, Reitz Union Grand Ballroom
5. Opportunities for Travel Support. Some students have the opportunity to present a poster at a professional society meeting. Talk to your research mentor to see if this is a possibility for you. If so, you may apply for a travel award of $500.00 to support this travel. To apply click here.