Office Hours will be cancelled for the rest of the semester. All of our members have finals that interfere with office hours and would be unable to assist everyone.
Feel free to send us emails with any questions you may have.
We will post the summer schedule in early May.
Good luck on finals!
***If you missed our first GBM, here are the presentations with all the information we went over: General info, Exec board application, Important dates ***
1. CURBS Executive Board Applications for 2014-2015 are due March 21, 2014. Fill out an application here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XiujaJlww1MwnC2-kOOFBaWLAae19BKoHF1aY2gEBxA/viewform
2. Seminar: March 12 6:30 (HPNP G-201): A sociology professor will present his research on masculinity and competition through breakdancing in hip-hop culture
3. Volunteer at Jungle Friends (A monkey sanctuary): April 6th from 10am-2pm. Sign up here (only 10 spots available): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar-3GpagDzI_dDVNNXhHNUVLaDgtcG5semcxVDFKMFE&usp=sharing
4. Get involved with our Relay for Life Team: Sign up here for more information:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar-3GpagDzI_dFl2Z0ExZGtWSHFIeHZDS2M4VTM1NVE&usp=drive_web or register to be part of our team here:http://main.acsevents.org/goto/ufurc
5. University of Florida Undergraduate Research Symposium. Open to all University of Florida Undergraduate Students. University of Florida Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. Thursday, March 27, 2014.
6. Do you like science? Do you like working with children? Then the CURBS K-12 Outreach Program may be the thing for you! Come out and help illuminate the fascinating world of science to some young, eager minds at P.K. Yonge Elementary. It is always a fun and rewarding experience! This is a no- commitment volunteering opportunity, so feel free to come as often as you would like. Rides can be provided to those who are interested in volunteering!
The second and third grade science club runs every Monday from 2:30-3:30pm. For any additional information, or to sign up to volunteer please contact Alex Sabin at email@example.com or by phone at (512) 632-4430.
The sixth through eighth grade science club runs every Tuesday from 2:30- 3:30. For additional information or to sign up to volunteer please contact Bryce Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carolina Sarmento at email@example.com
7. CURBS strives to help students from all departments. In an effort to do so, we have created an all-inclusive calendar that will display events from all departments. However, this cannot be done without the help of you. We need members to find departmental calendars as well as input these events into our calendar. This calendar can be viewed at: http://cur.aa.ufl.edu/calendar-of-events.aspx. If you want to help, please contact Frances Ooi at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. HONOR CHORDS! Want to graduate with CURBS honor chords? We are starting a point system to keep track of all active members in CURBS. Members who attain 5 points this semester can purchase chords for graduation. Points are given for the following (can earn multiple points in each area):
1 point: Filling out events for 3 departments on the calendar (Departments will given by Frances)
1 point: Volunteering for Outreach (Middle School or Elementary School)
1 point: Volunteering at Service Project
1 point: Volunteering for Symposium
1 point: Tabling at one event (We have to look at schedule for each semester)
1 point: Attending a GBM or seminar