Mentor: Dr. Chelsey Simmons
College of Engineering
"Research gives me the opportunity to gain knowledge by experimenting."
- Emerging Scholars(2016)
- University Scholars(2016)
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers
- National Society for Black Engineers
- African Student Union
- Big Bend Habitat for Humanity
- Capital Regional Medical Center
- Engineering Outreach for Gradeschools
Hobbies and Interests
- Playing music
Tuning Mechanical Properties of Collagen
Collagen is a protein that makes up most of the extracellular matrix (ECM) in our bodies. Fibrosis is a condition in which cells discharge extraneous fibrils which leads to tissue stiffening. To better understand the physiological reactions ex vivo, we must create an environment similar to the one in our bodies before drug screening.