WANT HELP FINDING A RESEARCH PROJECT?
The Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students is pleased to offer undergraduates a quick and easy way to get any questions you have about research answered. Additionally, we are here to help guide you through the research process from refining your research interests to helping find a research position that suits your needs and interests.
For the first week of school, August 25-29th, CURBS will offer walk-in hours between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. Our office is located in Yon Hall, Room 427.
If you cannot make it during these times, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a separate
For Faculty, Post Docs, and Graduate Students:
Looking for undergraduate help on your project? Click here to advertise it! http://bit.ly/ufresearch
For Undergraduate Students:
To search the list of projects looking for assistance, go to: http://bit.ly/ufresearchdatabase.
To search for researchers in your field, go to: http://cur.aa.ufl.edu/undergraduate-research-database.aspx.
1. Seminar: How to find an off-campus summer research experience. Sept. 10, 4:15 pm, Room 302 Infirmary Building. For Science, math and engineering students (including social sciences) Registration required:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mQzopw6gLB7_157FhZ7aHNqgTQx-4v9-dpTmaKvZAwc/edit?usp=drive_web#
2. Seminar: How to find an on-campus research experience. Sept. 17, 4:15 pm, Room 302 Infirmary Building. For students in all majors and years. Registration required: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xEdifeWR8QjivWHAXQFaeWOBnAd8ngK_eVWqRWD_n6I/edit?usp=drive_web#
3. Seminar: How to apply to graduate school. Applying to grad school is very different that applying to undergrad or med school. If you are even considering this as a possibility, come find out how to do this successfully. For all disciplines and years, as it is never too early to start preparing for this. Sept. 24, 4:15 pm, Room 302 Infirmary Building.Registration required: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1os9p7zwQSU8l-T6E72PKWmpIRmrZ-yUGFqKUDmB6kvw/edit?usp=drive_web#
4. The 5th Annual Florida Undergraduate Research Conference will be Feb. 27-28, 2015 at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, http://commons.erau.edu/furc/. Abstracts accepted from October 1, 2014 through January 7, 2015. We will take a bus of students so submit early to be sure to get one of the seats!
5. University of Florida Undergraduate Research Symposium. Open to all University of Florida Undergraduate Students. University of Florida Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. Thursday, March 17, 2015. Details will be posted soon.
If you do not yet know about how to organize your research references, attending one of the library workshops is a must - this will save you a lot of time later.
RefWorks. 2.0 Complete: 8/21, 9/10,9/23, 9/25,10/6,10/24. Seats are limited and registration is required. For details and to register go to http://apps.uflib.ufl.edu/Registration/student_workshop_schedule.aspx.