WANT HELP FINDING A RESEARCH PROJECT?
The Center for Undergraduate Research Board of Students is pleased to offer undergraduates a quick and easy way to get any questions you have about research answered. Additionally, we are here to help guide you through the research process from refining your research interests to helping find a research position that suits your needs and interests. Walk-in hours are between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, M-W-Th-F. Our office is located in Yon Hall, Room 429.
If you cannot make it during these times, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a separate
For Faculty, Post Docs, and Graduate Students:
Looking for undergraduate help on your project? Click here to advertise it! http://bit.ly/ufresearch
For Undergraduate Students:
To search the list of projects looking for assistance, go to: http://bit.ly/ufresearchdatabase.
To search for researchers in your field, go to: http://cur.aa.ufl.edu/undergraduate-research-database.aspx.
1. Seminar: How to find an off-campus summer research experience. Sept. 10, 4:15 pm, Room 1002 New Physics Building. For Science, math and engineering students (including social sciences) Registration required:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mQzopw6gLB7_157FhZ7aHNqgTQx-4v9-dpTmaKvZAwc/edit?usp=drive_web#
2. Seminar: How to find an on-campus research experience. Sept. 17, 4:15 pm, Medical Science Building (MSB)Auditorium 2-200. Directions to MSB Auditorium. For students in all majors and years. Registration required: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xEdifeWR8QjivWHAXQFaeWOBnAd8ngK_eVWqRWD_n6I/edit?usp=drive_web#
3. Seminar: How to apply to graduate school. Applying to grad school is very different than applying to undergrad or med school. If you are even considering this as a possibility, come find out how to do this successfully. This seminar is for all disciplines and years, as it is never too early to start preparing for this. Sept. 24, 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm, Room Health Science Center (HSC) C1-15, which is located in the Communicore Building. Directions can be found here. Registration required: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1os9p7zwQSU8l-T6E72PKWmpIRmrZ-yUGFqKUDmB6kvw/edit?usp=drive_web#
4. The 5th Annual Florida Undergraduate Research Conference will be Feb. 27-28, 2015 at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, http://commons.erau.edu/furc/. Abstracts accepted from October 1, 2014 through January 7, 2015. We will take a bus of students so submit early to be sure to get one of the seats!
5. University of Florida Undergraduate Research Symposium. Open to all University of Florida Undergraduate Students. University of Florida Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. Thursday, March 17, 2015. Details will be posted soon.
If you do not yet know about how to organize your research references, attending one of the library workshops is a must - this will save you a lot of time later.
RefWorks. 2.0 Complete: 8/21, 9/10,9/23, 9/25,10/6,10/24. Seats are limited and registration is required. For details and to register go to http://apps.uflib.ufl.edu/Registration/public_workshops_scheduled.aspx